Note: Please visit the 7APL projects page for further updates and newer versions of 7APL. The latest versions feature a new Gadget mode and several other improvements you’ll want to get.
I’ve recently been working on an app that is specifically made for Windows 7. I’ve decided to release a beta which you can download here (latest build). Of course you’ll want to know exactly what it does so here is the feature list:
- Profiles – Group applications into profiles to launch them simultaneously.
- Profile pictures – Associate pictures with profiles to easily identify between them.
- Hotkeys – Specify hotkeys on a per-profile basis to launch your applications
- Interactive thumbnail – Launch profiles directly from the taskbar
- JumpList support – Launch profiles or tasks directly using jumplists
- Toggle Mode – Toggle mode allows you to close the apps you launched (on a per-profile basis)
- Exceptions – Pesky applications that won’t close can be added as an exception
- Pinning – The application pins just fine for those who want it constantly running
- Options – Run 7APL at system boot, minimize on startup, and minimize on close ensures you can keep the launcher running at all times if desired
Build 08172009-2000 Download here
NEW: When a profile’s associated picture has not changed from default and you add an application to that profile, that application’s icon will be set as the default profile picture.
NEW: Added the ability to launch tasks from 7APL’s JumpList without keeping the application running.
NEW: Application settings are now stored internally instead of in a .dat file. Exceptions are an exception (no pun intended).
BUG FIX: Fixed bug which prevented JumpList tasks from working when application is not running.
BUG FIX: Deleting a profile would will not unbind the profile’s hot key.
BUG FIX: Fixed bug where updating a profile would reset a hot key when the hot key was not changed.
BUG FIX: Fixed bug where JumpList tasks wouldn’t update after a profile had been renamed.
BUG FIX: Fixed bug where hot keys would be incorrectly assigned when you delete a profile.
BUG FIX: Fixed bug where specifying a hot key, the control would not properly handle the result.
BUG FIX: Added error handling for when UAC prevents an application from being launched.
Notes: Initial beta release
And some screenshots:
If you’ve got any feedback, bug reports, etc.. just shoot me an email, leave a comment on the blog, or post on the forums. Alternatively I’ve posted a bug report/feature suggestions on Neowin.net.